Every woman dreams of having smooth and shiny hair. Hair lamination makes it look like that. Professional hair laminating is offered by most hair salons, but it can also be done at home. See whether home treatments also work!
What is hair lamination?
You have often heard about hair lamination on hair geek forums. But you are still unsure what this means, and you only think of document lamination, i.e. the wrapping of documents with foil to protect them from damage This is a good clue; hair lamination is similar to document lamination
It is about covering the hair surface with a suitable preparation and exposing it to heat, which facilitates absorption of nutrients and accelerates hair regeneration. After such treatment the hair will be smooth, nourished and more resistant to any mechanical damage. In a professional hair salon hair laminating costs from 300 to 800 zł. You can also do the same procedure at home using gelatin, which you can buy in any nearby store.
How to laminate hair with gelatine
If you would like to perform a hair laminating treatment at home, we suggest how to do it in a few simple steps. It is nothing difficult or time-consuming, so you will definitely manage it. For hair laminating you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of food-grade gelatin,
- 3 tablespoons of hot water,
- 2 tablespoons of hair conditioner or oil,
- a bowl,
- a shower cap,
- hair dryer.
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water so that there are no lumps. Leave it to cool.
- Thoroughly wash your hair to remove any dirt and cosmetics residue. Then gently towel dry your hair and comb it. Do not use a hair dryer; your hair should be slightly damp.
- Add your favorite conditioner to the cooled gelatin. If you do not have any conditioner at home, you can add oil. It doesn’t really matter what kind of conditioner you use, as long as it is easy to apply.
- Work the mixture through your hair, starting at the bottom of your hair. You can do this with your fingers. Then, put a shower cap or a simple disposable plastic bag over your head and wrap it in a towel for about 45 minutes.
- After this time you can rinse out the rest of the mixture with cool water. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo if you feel it is overloaded.
- Blow dry your hair with a hair dryer. Don’t forget to keep enough distance from your hair to avoid burning it. This step is very important and you can’t skip it because high heat is required to laminate your hair.
Does laminating hair with gelatin work?
After home hair lamination, you will definitely notice a temporary improvement in the condition of your hair. This is a treatment that will beautify your hair and give it volume, but unfortunately, it will not regenerate split ends or rebuild the strands. Your hair will become smooth, shiny and silky soft. The problem of static electricity, frizz and tangling will disappear. Unfortunately, the effects of gelatin hair laminating are not permanent and will last no more than 2 weeks.
Other home remedies for hair lamination
You can also use flaxseed for home hair lamination. It contains a whole lot of vitamins and nutrients. Thanks to this ingredient, you will maximally moisturize your hair and make it smooth. This method is ideal if your hair is frizzy and uncomfortable to the touch. Linseed lamination is done the same way as gelatin, only you need to prepare a suitable mixture beforehand. To prepare such a mixture you need 3 tablespoons of flaxseed and 2 glasses of water. Boil the linseed in water for 15 minutes, then strain the resulting jelly through a sieve and you have a ready-made concoction, which you can apply directly to your hair.
Professional Hair Care Products
If you do not like the above-mentioned methods or if they do not bring the desired result, you may use special cosmetics for home hair laminating. Such cosmetics usually contain keratin, vitamins, and moisturizing ingredients.