Pastel, twisted candles are the latest Instagram hit. Nothing sets the mood like lit candles over dinner for two or a lonely evening with a book in the bath. How to make a unique candle in the comfort of your own home?
The most fashionable candle will perfectly fit into any interior or will be a great idea for a gift. Such a candle made by yourself will be even more unique.
How to make a candle by yourself?
Of course, you can buy candles in the store, but if you want to create a twisted candle from scratch yourself, you will need instructions on how to make a simple candle. To make a scented candle, simply add your preferred essential oil to melted wax.
What you will need:
- silicone candle mould
- essential oil (optional)
- thick-bottomed pot
- a bowl for melting the wax
- Pour water to half the height of the pot, then melt the wax in the pot over low heat in a water bath.
- To the warm and melted wax, add a few drops of oil and dye. The whole mix thoroughly.
- Ready wick put into the mold.
- Then, pour the melted wax with oil and dye into the mold, carefully holding the wick.
- Set the candle aside to cool, which can take up to 12 hours. Once it has cooled, we can remove the candle from the mold.
How to make a twisted candle?
To make twisted candles you will need:
- Heatproof container
- Cutting board
- Food wrap
- Pastry roller
- Long candles
- Pour the steaming water into a bowl or heatproof container. It is important that the water is not boiling, as this will melt the candles. Place the candles in the bowl and wait 10 minutes until they are soft enough.
- Cover a board with cling film.
- Remove the soft candles from the warm water and set them aside on the cling film. Using a pastry roller, lightly roll out the candle until it reaches the desired flatness.
- Then gently twist the candle until you get a spiral shape. Do this carefully so that it doesn’t break.
- Place the twisted candle under cold water. This will fix its shape.