Many of us wonder how to help ourselves when losing weight. The obvious thing is a diet and some exercise. Some people rely on medications or herbs. However, despite all this, we still have sides hanging out. How to deal with it? With the answer may come cryolipolysis treatment, about which you will learn more in the following text.
What is cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis is a procedure which consists in “attacking” fat cells with cold. Since such cells are very susceptible to low temperatures, they are exposed to it during the procedure. This leads to their death, as well as absorption and further metabolization of fat by the lymphatic system. The effect of such a therapy is very natural and leads to an even removal of excess fat from the body. However, it should be remembered that the result of the therapy is gradual and it is necessary to maintain a proper diet and move a lot.
Advantages of cryolipolysis
Among the most commonly mentioned advantages of cryolipolysis are:
- the procedure is very safe,
- the prevalence of cryolipolysis in many trusted offices of aesthetic medicine (such as Dr. Marcin Nowak),
- fat removal in a natural way,
- fat reduction is even and the final appearance after the treatment is completely healthy,
- high effectiveness – after one treatment the area on which cryolipolysis has been performed loses 20-30% of its fatty tissue,
- skin strengthening,
- reduction of body circumference,
- reduction of cellulite.
This procedure is a great improvement of our diet and exercise. However, by itself, it will not create miracles – if we do not change our lifestyle, the fat tissue will come again.
Contraindications for cryolipolysis treatment
It is also worth remembering the health issues that will not allow us to cryolipolysis. These include:
- pregnancy or breastfeeding period,
- advanced multi-organ failure – heart, kidney, liver,
- bacterial or viral infections,
- current or past cancer,
- fungal disease,
- blood clotting problems,
- advanced diabetes,
- active skin diseases (e.g. psoriasis).
Before performing the procedure (not only cryolipolysis, but any aesthetic medicine) it is worth to examine yourself and rely on the doctor’s diagnosis. There are many things we may not know or be aware of, and it is worth going and coming back from such a treatment healthy. It is true that cryolipolysis is a very safe procedure, but caution can never be too much.
Main photo: customer material